Since our formation in 1999, we have managed to get patient-centred healthcare firmly on the global health agenda.
We aim to ensure that this remains front of mind for international policy makers such the United Nations and the World Health Organization. This is a key part of our vision and mission.
What have we achieved?
- We have published a number of world-firsts in terms of policies, strategies and initiatives that promote patient-centred healthcare around the world. A key example of this is our Declaration on Patient-Centred Healthcare
- We have advised on and guided the creation of policy and strategy for organizations such as the World Health Organization
- We are recognized by, and work with, international organizations such as World Health Organization, International Council of Nurses, International Pharmaceutical Federation, the World Medical Association, and the United Nations Economic and Social Council
- We are the global voice for over two hundred member patients’ organizations, and represent millions of patients from around the world
- We have created a number of capacity building initiatives such as our twinning programme and regional meetings
- We influence global decision-making at World Health Organization as the global voice for patient-centred healthcare
Get in touch
If you would like to get involved, help promote patient-centred healthcare around the world or learn more about our impact, please get in touch.