2nd Asia Pacific Patients Congress
Patient Leadership in Health Systems Strengthening
IAPO’s Asia-Pacific Patients Congress is our regional event which brings together the objectives of the Global Patients to the Asia-Pacific region. The Congress aims to bring together patient experts and health stakeholders including researchers, nurses, health financiers, regulators, health service providers and pharmaceutical industry representatives to map out how we can all harmonise and align our agendas with national health policies and plans on Universal Health Coverage in the region. The Congress is organized by IAPO and co-presented by Dakshayani and Amaravati Health and Education and Indian Alliance of Patient Groups.
The 2020 Congress Programme will reflect on the impact of COVID-19, the ongoing developments and the next steps towards achieving UHC in the region in the midst of COVID-19.
Objectives of the Congress
- Asia Pacific Patients Congress aims to bring together all and high level key stakeholders to discuss important issues concerning patients specifically from the Asia Pacific region
- Highlight IAPO’s vision to see patients at the centreof healthcare throughout the world and its mission is to help build patient-centered healthcare worldwide
- Articulate how patients and their organisations can advocate and achieve better healthcare within the framework of A Global Charter for the Public’s Health
- Inspire patient groups to establish national patient alliances in countries that are not represented, that will align and become members of IAPO
APPC 2020 Theme - Patient Leadership in Health Systems Strengthening
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us that we must work together in improving global health. We must have national unity and global solidarity to advance health care for all. Our health systems must be repaired and then strengthened through a whole of government and whole of society effort. The whole of the patient community has a very important role to play in strengthening the health systems. Expert patients can provide insight and perspectives that can make health care safe, quality, accessible, acceptable and affordable. Patient leadership is now critical for health systems strengthening within the Asia-Pacific Region.
Why should you attend APPC 2020?
During the event, participants can expect to:
- Learn about the latest advances, challenges, facts, figures and trends in the region with regards to patient leadership in health systems strengthening activities.
- Shape the future of health systems strengthening alongside policy-makers, healthcare industry representatives, clinicians, payers, regulators and Member State representatives.
- Be part of the COVID-19 response. Holding our 2nd Asia Pacific Patients Congress in the middle of a pandemic will give our regional patient community a strategic opportunity to share our patient experiences and patient perspectives with our healthcare policy makers through a global platform. It will be a door for us to join the whole-of-government and whole-of-society effort to control the pandemic and rebuild our health systems as a whole-of-patient community.
Please click here to view the most updated version of the APPC 2020 programme, including speakers’ bios.
Interested in Exhibiting?
Booths are intended for organizations that wish to have a greater exposure than is offered by simply attending the event. Please click here to learn more about the opportunities available at the APPC 2020 Exhibit Hall.
For further information on the APPC 2020, please visit the official event website at apacpatientcongress.org/APPC/