About the event
IAPO’s Asia-Pacific Patients Congress is our regional event which brings together the objectives of the Global Patients to the Asia-Pacific region. The Congress aims to bring together patient experts and health stakeholders including researchers, nurses, health financiers, regulators, health service providers and pharmaceutical industry representatives to map out how we can all harmonise and align our agendas with national health policies and plans on Universal Health Coverage in the region.
The 2021 Congress is organized by IAPO and co-presented by the Philippine Alliance of Patient Organizations (PAPO).
- WHO Integrated Compassionate and People-Centred Universal Health Coverage. Patient journeys in fragmented versus integrated health systems
- Strengthening health systems. Compassion through patient co-creation and re-orienteering healthcare using personalised healthcare, precision oncology, digital healthcare, and telehealth approaches
- Asia-Pacific leaping forward through genomics and pharmacogenomics: Precision Oncology and Precision Diabetes
- Meaningful patient engagement in health literacy in a digital and social media age. Learning from the COVID-19 Global Pandemic and National ‘Syndemic’
- Membership insight into compassionate and personalised healthcare
- Patient co-creation in Asia Pacific Safe and Quality Healthcare: (WHO Global Patient Safety Action Plan 2021-2030 and WHO WP/SE regional AMR Action Plans)
- Meaningful patient engagement in co-creation in medicines and health devices R&D - moving from tokenism to meaningful engagement at all levels
- Self-care within universal health coverage 2030. Lessons from the pandemic lockdowns
- Meaningful Patient engagement in Regulatory Affairs and Health Technology Assessment
- Membership Insight into Patient Engagement and co-creation
2nd Asia Pacific Patients Congress
On 3rd – 4th December 2020, over 3000 delegates with 298 patient groups from 16 countries came together virtually to attend our 2nd Asia Pacific Patients Congress (APPC2020).
Theme: “Patient Leadership in Health Systems Strengthening in Asia
Find out more about the APP2020 here
Read the full report on the 2020 Congress here.
1st Asia Pacific Patients Congress
On 13th -14th November 2019, 145 of IAPO's member organizations and stakeholders, representing 25 countries came together in Taipei, Taiwan(R.O.C) to attend our Asia Pacific Patients Congress.
Theme: Harmonisation for Patient-Centred Healthcare Universal Health Coverage in Asia
Check out the photos from the last Asia Pacific Patients Congress to learn more about why this event should be on your 2020 list.
Read the full report on the 2019 Congress here.