To support our network in navigating the COVID-19 pandemic, IAPO has created a resource hub with the aim of keeping you updated, mitigating concerns, promoting prevention actions to reduce disease harm in order to achieve outbreak control.
With rising infection rates globally, the impact of the novel coronavirus pandemic has been compounded by inaccurate information stoking fear and anxiety globally.
As a global alliance, we believe that one of the most important and effective interventions in any public health response to any event is to proactively share information, guidance and good practice with the objectives of saving lives and minimizing adverse consequences.
In alignment with the World Health Organization (WHO) and in collaboration with our members and partners, our focus will be to provide a patient-centred view to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
Lets all stay informed!
We are therefore keen to share information, resources and good practice across our network during this pandemic. Make sure to visit this web page often, as we continue to regularly update it. We also invite you to share with us relevant guidance, resources, actions taken, policies implemented and data generated by emailing us at email@example.com. Speed is crucial, and we work faster if we work together.
General Resources on the COVID-19 pandemic
- WHO COVID-19 information hub
- Current Global Outbreak Situation
- The Coronavirus Explained & What You Should Do
- COVID-19 technical guidance: Infection prevention & control / WASH
- Advice on the use of masks in the community, during home care and in healthcare settings
- When and how to use masks
- Myth busters - Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public
- WHO COVID-19 WhatsApp information group - To help sort fact from fiction against COVID-19, WHO has launched an instant messaging services in Arabic, English, French and Spanish with WhatsApp and Facebook to keep people informed and safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Join the service!
- WHO Academy COVID-19 learning app
- Physical activity in isolation: WHO EURO guidance
- 100 Questions on COVID-19 - London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine Director
- COVID-19 preparedness for people with chronic diseases - National Health Council
- COVID-19 and haemoglobin disorders -Thalassaemia International Federation
- Hospital Readiness Checklist for COVID-19
Regional focused information and response to COVID-19
- WPRO (WHO Western Pacific)
- SEARO (WHO South East Asia)
- AFRO (WHO Africa)
- EMRO (WHO Eastern Mediterranean)
- EURO (WHO Europe)
- PAHO (Americas): WHO PAHO
- AMREF (Africa): AMREF COVID-19 Africa Information Centre
Peer reviewed journals and academic sources
- The British Medical Journal (BMJ) coverage of the coronavirus outbreak from across its journals and learning resources: BMJ COVID-19: Latest News and Resources
- The Lancet COVID-19 outbreak related content: Resource Centre on COVID-19
- Q&A on self-quarantine, self isolation and more about social distancing: John Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
Managing anxiety & mental health during COVID-19
- Summary of WHO Mental Health Psychosocial Advice During COVID-19 Outbreak: Movendi International
- Mental health and psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Adults: Coping with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
- Children: Helping children cope with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
Free online training courses on COVID-19
Funding for COVID-19 response
Potential treatments and vaccines for COVID-19
- WHO draft landscape of COVID-19 candidate vaccines
- IAPO's page on vaccines
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations R&D Efforts
- European Medicines Agency channel
- The road to a vaccine by Johnson & Johnson
Surveys on COVID-19
IAPO members response activities to COVID-19
Last updated 15 May 2020
Make sure to visit this web page often, since it will be regularly updated