60 Seconds with... Dr Sunil Prakash, Consumers' Forum
Each month we will be interviewing an IAPO member in six short questions.
Our featured member of the month is Dr Sunil Prakash, who works with Consumers' Forum in India.
1. Describe your role at Consumers’ Forum in a sentence
I have been President of this organisation for the last seven years.
2. I do what I do because…
I am in it with full zeal and commitment.
3. Why does Consumers’ Forum exist?
It works for the consumers in India and our members get full satisfaction working for the rights of others.
4. What is your biggest achievement as an organization in the past year?
We brought our organization up to international standards by getting acknowledged for our good work.
5. What does patient-centred healthcare look like to you?
It is a big need in our country. The way the medical services are getting commercialised, we need to raise our voices to be heard and involved in the management of medical and health services both at Government level and private level.
6. What do you think is the key benefit of being involved with IAPO and a global alliance for patients?
A good knowledge base is the key factor. We learn what is happening in and around the world through IAPO, so that it could be impressed upon in our country for the patients’ benefit.