Apply to represent IAPO at WHO Regional Committees
As an organization with special consultative status at the World Health Organization (WHO), IAPO is delighted to invite applications from members for support to attend Regional Committee Meetings in autumn 2015.
As part of our regional development strategy, we will support the attendance of one IAPO Member representative and one Governing Board Member, to each of the meetings that IAPO attends. Find out more about the Regional Committees here.
Why should you apply?
If selected you will:
- represent IAPO, and patients around the world, to raise awareness of key issues
- meet key WHO staff, opinion leaders, and technical experts
- make oral and written interventions on behalf of IAPO
- provide meeting reports, which will be shared with members as part of our evaluation
What support will you receive?
- briefing and support for meetings and interventions
- return economy flights and accommodation for up to four nights
- reimbursement of up to USD 50 per day for the costs of food, local transport, visa expenses, and other expenses that are deemed reasonable
Where and when?
- South-East Asia (SEARO): 7 – 9 September 2015 in Dili, Timor-Leste
- Europe (EURO): 14 – 18 Sept 2015 in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Americas (PAHO): 28 September – 2 October 2015 in Washington D.C., USA
- Western Pacific (WPRO): 12 – 16 October 2015 in Guam, USA
- Eastern Mediterranean (EMRO): 5 – 8 October in Kuwait
How can you apply?
Interested Members should apply through our online application form by 1700 BST on 27 July 2015.
Unfortunately members who we have supported to attend WHO Regional Committee Meetings within the last three years cannot apply again. Non-members, and organizations who have outstanding fees will also not be considered.
Applications will be assessed according to criteria set by IAPO, which include what your organization can contribute, and what your organization might gain, from attendance. Organizations which include clear evidence and examples in their application will be in a stronger position.
Places are limited to one member representative per region, and selection is subject to available budget, WHO approval, and country travel requirements. Members should apply to attend only the meeting which is in their own region (for example if your organization is based in Europe, you should only apply to attend the Europe Regional Committee meeting).
We look forward to receiving your application!
*image of IAPO representative Piga Fernández at WHO PAHO 2014.