Tuesday, 8 May 2018
Bringing Us Closer: World Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Day 2018
World Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Day will take place on 30 May 2018. This year’s theme is Research and the campaign is called Bringing Us Closer. Find out how you can get involved and show your support.
World MS Day, the only day of global solidarity for everyone affected by multiple sclerosis (MS), is fast approaching and there are many ways for you to get involved.
Established by the MS International Federation (MSIF) and its member organisations in 2009, World MS Day brings the global MS community together to share stories, raise awareness and campaign to improve quality of life with MS.
Each year’s campaign focuses on a different theme and the MSIF movement produces a campaign toolkit to help people get involved. All materials are available in English, Spanish, Arabic, French and Portuguese.
This year’s theme is MS research and the campaign is called Bringing Us Closer (#bringinguscloser). It’s a great opportunity to celebrate all the ways MS research is bringing us closer to ending MS and bring everyone affected by MS closer to people involved in MS research.
This year, we would really value strong and visible involvement from the global medical and scientific community. Here are some of the ways you can take part.
• Find an event near you or organise your own event and add it to the World MS Day map
• Share items from the #bringinguscloser toolkit on web/social media and in print, e.g. the images and posters celebrating progress in MS research
• Watch and share the animation about how MS treatments are developed
• If you or someone you know is involved in MS research, create and share a profile celebrating your involvement in MS research. It could be a video or written profile – click here for a template
• Share a social media post supporting the campaign – use the #bringinguscloser hashtag to appear on this page
For more information, please visit the World MS Day website.