1st Asia-Pacific Patients Congress
IAPO’s Asia-Pacific Patients Congress is our 2019 regional event which will bring together the patient movement in the Asia-Pacific region. The Congress aims to bring together around 150 patient advocates from the region to share their insights, perspectives, experiences and best practices on the pressing healthcare issues in the region.
It is also an opportunity for IAPO to promote its mission to help build patient-centered healthcare across the region and to encourage the formation of national alliances of patient groups.
The Congress is organized by IAPO and co-delivered by its regional members the Psoriasis Association of Taiwan (PAT) and the Taiwan Alliance of Patient Organizations (TAPO).
- To bring together all key and high level stakeholders to discuss important issues concerning patients specifically from the Asia- Pacific region
- To highlight IAPO’s vision to see patients at the center of healthcare throughout the world and its mission is to help build patient-centered healthcare and UHC worldwide
- To inspire patient groups to establish national patient alliances that will align and become members of IAPO
- Discussions on improving access to healthcare and the role of patient groups in advancing Universal Health Care (UHC) and the introduction of HTA into healthcare systems
- Capacity building of patient organizations including networking
- Specific sessions on areas of interest such as patient advocacy, public policy including health economics, stakeholder engagement, regulatory policy including patient-focused drug development, clinical trial participation, patient safety, communications and organizational development such as resource mobilization and volunteering