Apply for a Congress bursary now!
We are really pleased to announce that the bursary process for the 7th Global Patients Congress, to be held in London, 9-11 April 2016, is now live!
The over-arching theme for the upcoming Congress is ‘For Patients’ Organizations, By Patients’ Organizations’. Sessions will focus on how to extend the reach, raise the effectiveness and maximise the impact of patients’ organizations at the local, national and global level.
How to apply
IAPO is committed to broadening the participation of patients’ organizations worldwide at the Global Patients Congress. The bursary scheme is designed to assist with the attendance of a representative of an IAPO member organization that would otherwise not be represented at the Congress due to cost. Applicants will be assessed on a points basis, with consideration given to their contribution to the development of the Congress through the open call, Congress Advisory Committee, or in other ways.
Before you apply...
Please note the following criteria to ensure you are eligible for a bursary:
- Your organization must not have been successful in receiving a bursary to attend the Congress in previous years
- Your organization is not able in any way to support at least one representative to attend the Congress
- Only one application from each member organization will be considered
- If a bursary is awarded and then a second person registers to attend from the same organization, the original bursary will be revoked
- Your organization must have no outstanding membership fees
- Applications must be received by 12:00 BST Friday 31 July 2015. Any applications received after this time will not be included in the selection process. Applications that are considered will be notified of the result by Friday 28 August 2015.
The IAPO Team