Five additions to the IAPO Governing Board
At the Global Patients Congress in London, 9-11 April, five IAPO members were elected to the Governing Board.
They will begin their terms in August 2016.
Role of the Board
IAPO's strategy and direction is supervised by the Governing Board. This Board comprises of elected representatives from our full and associate member organizations.
Many of our Governing Board are patients themselves or are patient representatives such as a parent or carer. All have living and working relationships with patients through their organizations.
Our Board has two face-to-face meetings each year and active engagement through teleconferences throughout the year.
New Governing Board Members
- Migdalia Denis, Pulmonary Hypertension Latin Society
- Androulla Eleftheriou, International Thalassaemia Federation
- Hussain Jafri, Alzheimer's Pakistan
- Bejon Misra, Consumer Online Foundation
- Andrew Spiegel, Global Colon Cancer Alliance
We shall introduce each new Governing Board Member in more detail over the next few months.