Patient Empowerment - myth or reality webinar
Dr. Ratna Devi, CEO and Co-founder of DakshamA Health and Education, held a webinar on the topic 'Patient Empowerment – Myth or Reality' on Wednesday 8 November 2017.
Key points covered in the session:
• What is patient empowerment?
• Why is patient empowerment important?
• Health vs medical care and the role of empowered patients
• How can patient empowerment be incorporated into healthcare policy
• Role of patients and patient groups as advocates for patient empowerment
Click here to access the full presentation.
Click here for the recording.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Ratna Devi is the CEO and Co-founder of DakshamA Health and Education, an organization dedicated to working for access to health, patient education and advocacy. She leads a cross disease Patient Alliance in India called Indian Alliance of Patient Groups (IAPG) and works towards policy change, human resources capacity building and system strengthening.