Fernanda de Carvalho, Board Member
Fernanda de Carvalho is a journalist and specialist in stakeholder engagement and reputation management. Before joining the Brazilian Institute Side by Side for Life, in 2016, she worked for almost 25 years as a corporate communication senior executive in global companies such as Ford Motor Company and Royal Philips and also acted as a trusted advisor to senior executives in different areas.
Her responsibilities as Public & International Affairs of the Side by Side for Life Institute are to establish relationships with public and private organizations, in Brazil and abroad, to expand the actions of an organization dedicated to positively impacting healthcare in Brazil, in the areas of CVD; oncology and men’s health.
Terms on our Board
- Coordinated teams in Brazil and Latin America with active participation in global communications and crisis management committees
- Works with the founder and president of Side by Side for Life Institute in the organization of events dedicated to the sustainability of health in Brazil, such as The Global Forum Frontiers of Health
- Represent the organization at the World Heart Federation Advocacy Committee and is also an active member of Heart Failure, Heart Valve Diseases and Cardiomyopathy Councils of the Global Heart Hub, the first global non-profit umbrella organization of patient groups and patient advocates to provide a voice for those living with or affected by cardiovascular disease
- Member of Global Heart Hub, in the international team that works with The Invisible Nation, a worldwide network of patient organizations committed to driving a decline in cardiovascular (CV) death by effecting systemic change in atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD)
- Since 2019, Fernanda acts as the Institute's representative in an international group dedicated to discussing and propose positive actions to reduce the burden of antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
Fernanda's Nomination Form